Overdrive Edmonton
Overdrive Edmonton
Meets On Thursdays!! Drop bysome time. Look at engine bays, buy / trade parts and drink coffee and talk cars.
*ZERO*
Overdrive Edmonton
Overdrive Edmonton
Meets On Thursdays!! Drop bysome time. Look at engine bays, buy / trade parts and drink coffee and talk cars.
*ZERO*
Overdrive Edmonton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overdrive Edmonton

Cruising Edmonton 2010

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

holy F***....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
godofice

holy F***.... Empty
PostSubject: holy F***....   holy F***.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:43 pm

While repairing my celica at the shop today, i took off the cam cover... and well shoot...

The car was running sooo rich, it looks like the fuel problem i am having had some pretty severe traits.

did you know, if you car runs too rich, the fuel will come out your valves backwards into where your cam shafts are? Well do you know what happens when you mix gas and oil? The gas destroys the oil and evaporates it... so... that being said, i have NO OIL on my cam shafts... THATS why the starter is having a hard time cranking the engine and thats why I keep frying my ground wire!

It does not look like any serious damage was caused. There is a little bit of burning, but no stripped or grooved metal from what we can see... Looks like 3 of 4 of my fuel injectors were pumping in 10x more than what they should have been. Hence why i was getting 250-300km to the tank...
Back to top Go down
Del Hierro

Del Hierro

holy F***.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy F***....   holy F***.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:04 am

Good thing you found that in time!
Back to top Go down
godofice

holy F***.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy F***....   holy F***.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:12 am

Yeah, im glad i decided to inspect the cam shafts.... I was on the edge about that, i was not going to do it until i saw a whole bunch of gas in my intake pipe
Back to top Go down
Del Hierro

Del Hierro

holy F***.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy F***....   holy F***.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:37 am

Gas and or oil in the intake are both good indicators of bad things. My GTR had a healthy dose of oil in the intake one day... blown turbo! Hey craig you still driving that little black FC?
Back to top Go down
godofice

holy F***.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy F***....   holy F***.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:45 am

naw i sold it for more than i paid for it haha... i could'nt refuse. But i do miss it for sure.

Its pure gas in my intake, with a touch of oil, but gas cleans everything so could just be carbon.
Back to top Go down
Mopar1
Admin
Mopar1

holy F***.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy F***....   holy F***.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:09 am

Glad to here the celica is all fixed up and ready to roll!! cant wait to hear her purr.
Back to top Go down
godofice

holy F***.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy F***....   holy F***.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:42 am

yeah man, finally! it has been a while since i drove her hah. This week will be a full test. im going to put it through its numbers. Still not sure if i fixed the fuel issue but we will find out here this week.

All i need now is new brake rotors and pads.
Back to top Go down
Mopar1
Admin
Mopar1

holy F***.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy F***....   holy F***.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 pm

hope so man!
It'll be wicked to see her rippin down the street!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

holy F***.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy F***....   holy F***.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

holy F***....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Overdrive Edmonton :: South Edmonton Tuner Society :: General Stuff-
Jump to: